CHICAGO–(BUSINESS WIRE)–Sep 15, 2020–
Grant Thornton LLP is considered one of Working Mom journal’s 2020 “ 100 Best Companies,” marking the 15 th consecutive 12 months the agency is receiving this recognition. The 100 Greatest Corporations, representing greater than 2 million U.S. staff, acknowledges inclusive advantages for households, together with gender-neutral parental depart, gradual phase-back after parental depart, and accessible, inexpensive childcare.
Grant Thornton gives a variety of advantages that helped the agency safe its spot among the many 100 Greatest Corporations. Furthermore, the agency has rolled out a number of current initiatives particularly to assist working dad and mom as they deal with the challenges posed by COVID-19.
Grant Thornton’s parent-friendly initiatives embody:
- Grant Thornton gives paid maternity and paternity depart, telecommuting, and versatile work preparations, together with lowered work schedules, compressed work weeks and flexibly days. The agency additionally gives versatile day off, an industry-leading profit enhancement that enables staff to take day off as wanted to fulfill their particular person wants as an alternative of a predetermined set of paid day off (PTO) days.
- Grant Thornton gives a voluntary “Mentor Mother and father” program to assist information new dad and mom by means of their transition again to work from parental depart.
- Grant Thornton covers the price of breast milk delivery when staff are touring for work.
- Grant Thornton gives 30 days of paid backup childcare — the agency supplied an extra 15 days to assist working dad and mom stability work and childcare obligations throughout the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Each Grant Thornton colleague has free entry to Care@Work’s premium membership by means of Care.com, which gives Grant Thornton professionals with entry to a community of caregivers and different companies — together with childcare, eldercare, pet care, housekeeping and different sources to assist high quality of life.
- Grant Thornton gives a Working Mother and father & Allies enterprise useful resource group, which focuses on aligning parenting values to office expectations, together with greatest practices for profitable work-life integration.
- Grant Thornton is piloting a food-delivery and meal-planning providing to minimize the burden the pandemic is inserting on its workforce.
“As a working mom myself, I admire Grant Thornton’s dedication to making a office that allows all our professionals to stability work and household — particularly within the wake COVID-19,” stated Rashada Whitehead, Grant Thornton’s head of tradition, variety, fairness and inclusion. “Our working dad and mom’ unimaginable resilience continues to form our agency throughout this historic time. We’re honored that Working Mom has as soon as once more acknowledged the agency’s dedication to those efforts.”
“Our 100 Greatest Corporations are the usual of excellence and proceed to pave the way in which with the work they’re doing on behalf of working dad and mom and caregivers within the U.S.,” stated Subha Barry, president of Working Mom Media. “These corporations have been effectively forward of the curve when it got here to supporting their staff throughout this time of huge change with their family-friendly insurance policies already in place. We have a good time their efforts and applaud them for addressing the wants of this vital and ever-growing sector of expertise.”
In regards to the methodology
The 2020 Working Mom 100 Greatest Corporations software contains greater than 400 questions on depart insurance policies, workforce illustration, advantages, childcare, development applications, flexibility and extra. It surveys the supply and utilization of those applications, in addition to the accountability of the numerous managers who oversee them. All candidates obtain suggestions displaying how they examine with different candidates; nevertheless, the names of candidates that don’t make the record are stored confidential. Firm profiles and information come from submitted functions and mirror 2019 information.
About Working Mom Media
Working Mom Media (WMM), a division of Bonnier Corp., publishes Working Mom journal and its companion web site, workingmother.com. The Working Mother Research Institute, the National Association for Female Executives, Diversity Best Practices and Culture@Work are additionally models inside WMM. WMM’s mission is to function a champion of tradition change, and Working Mom journal is the one nationwide journal for career-committed moms. Comply with us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Pinterest.
About Grant Thornton LLP
Based in Chicago in 1924, Grant Thornton LLP (Grant Thornton) is the U.S. member agency of Grant Thornton Worldwide Ltd, one of many world’s main organizations of unbiased audit, tax and advisory companies. Grant Thornton, which has revenues in extra of $1.9 billion and operates greater than 50 workplaces, works with a broad vary of dynamic publicly and privately held corporations, authorities businesses, monetary establishments, and civic and non secular organizations.
“Grant Thornton” refers to Grant Thornton LLP, the U.S. member agency of Grant Thornton Worldwide Ltd (GTIL). GTIL and the member companies are usually not a worldwide partnership. Providers are delivered by the member companies. GTIL and its member companies are usually not brokers of, and don’t obligate, each other and are usually not accountable for each other’s acts or omissions. Please see grantthornton.com for additional particulars.
View supply model on businesswire.com:https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20200915005940/en/
CONTACT: Adam Bond
+1 312 602 8332
KEYWORD: ILLINOIS UNITED STATES NORTH AMERICA
INDUSTRY KEYWORD: PROFESSIONAL SERVICES CONSUMER SMALL BUSINESS OTHER POLICY ISSUES PUBLISHING PARENTING BABY/MATERNITY WOMEN COMMUNICATIONS HUMAN RESOURCES FINANCE PUBLIC POLICY/GOVERNMENT CONSULTING
SOURCE: Grant Thornton LLP
Copyright Enterprise Wire 2020.
PUB: 09/15/2020 10:31 AM/DISC: 09/15/2020 10:31 AM
Copyright Enterprise Wire 2020.